Connecticut: @AccessHealthCT to host "Healthy Chats" during COVID SEP
Access Health CT To Host Two Educational “Healthy Chats” During Special Enrollment Period
- Free Virtual Sessions to Help Uninsured Connecticut Residents Get Covered
HARTFORD, Conn. (March 4, 2021) — Access Health CT (AHCT) announced today it will host two educational sessions called “Healthy Chats” on Tuesday, March 9 at 6:00 p.m. and Wednesday, March 10 at 6:00 p.m. (Spanish only) to help Connecticut residents learn about plan options, financial help, low-cost and free coverage and tips to stay covered during the Special Enrollment Period that runs until March 15, 2021*. The Special Enrollment Period is for consumers who are not currently enrolled in coverage through AHCT.
About these Healthy Chats
After the virtual AHCT Healthy Chat, attendees should be able to:
- Know what Access Health CT (AHCT) is and how it can help you
- Understand the types of financial help and coverage options available
- Be prepared for the Special Enrollment Period application process
- Understand that AHCT may be a better less expensive option than COBRA coverage
Note: Healthy Chats are informational-only sessions, and no enrollments will be processed. Additional dates may be added to the Eventbrite calendar and event date(s) are subject to change.
Important information about the Special Enrollment Period: coverage effective dates and guidelines
- Customers enrolling from March 1 - 15 will have a plan effective on April 1st, 2021; they must pay their first month's premium.
- Consumers will not be required to verify their eligibility for this Special Enrollment Period.
- Consumers currently enrolled in coverage through AHCT will not be eligible to use this Special Enrollment Period to change plans.
- Financial help will continue to be available to consumers who qualify.
Access Health CT reminds residents of the importance of maintaining their coverage throughout the year, and not just during this public health crisis. It is critical that uninsured individuals take advantage of this opportunity to protect their health and wellbeing and ensure they have access to necessary services.
Access Health CT will continue to offer free help:
- Online: AccessHealthCT.com (Live chat: AccessHealthCT.com click “Live Chat” icon)
- Phone: 1-855-805-4325, Mon. – Fri. 8 AM – 4 PM
- With Enrollment Specialists in the community
- In-person help at either of AHCT’s Navigator partner locations:
- Project Access New Haven located at 63 York Street in New Haven, Conn.
- Community Renewal Team located at 330 Market Street in Hartford, Conn.