Connecticut: @AccessHealthCT reminds uninsured residents they have until 2/28 to enroll for March coverage
One Week Left For Uninsured Residents To Enroll For March Coverage With Access Health CT During Special Enrollment Period
- CT residents without health insurance must enroll by February 28 for coverage starting March 1
- Access Health CT opened a Special Enrollment Period for consumers who are not currently enrolled in coverage through AHCT. This effort aligns with the Special Enrollment Period in the Federally Facilitated Marketplace (FFM) and most importantly helps consumers during the COVID-19 Pandemic and Public Health Emergency.
- Uninsured individuals can sign up for health insurance coverage through Access Health CT during the Special Enrollment Period (SEP) through March 15, 2021.
- Individuals who experience a Qualifying Life Event (e.g., loss of coverage due to job change or unemployment) or qualify for Medicaid/Children’s Health Program (CHIP), can continue to enroll year-round.
HARTFORD, Conn. (February 22, 2021)—As the COVID-19 public health crisis continues, Access Health CT (AHCT) is reminding uninsured Connecticut residents they have one-week left to enroll in a health insurance plan to have coverage start on March 1, 2021, during the Special Enrollment period that runs until March 15, 2021*.
The Special Enrollment Period is for consumers who are not currently enrolled in coverage through AHCT. This effort aligns with the Special Enrollment Period in the Federally Facilitated Marketplace (FFM) and most importantly helps consumers during the COVID-19 Pandemic and Public Health Emergency.
Special Enrollment Period coverage effective dates and guidelines are as follow:
- Plan effective March 1st: Enroll by February 28th
- Plan effective April 1st: Enroll from March 1st - March 15th
- Consumers will not be required to verify their eligibility for this Special Enrollment Period.
- Consumers currently enrolled in coverage through AHCT will not be eligible to use this Special Enrollment Period to change plans.
- Financial help will continue to be available to consumers who qualify.
“As we continue to navigate the ongoing COVID-19 pandemic, Access Health CT remains focused on helping Connecticut residents get insured,” said Chief Executive Officer at Access Health CT, James Michel. “If you are uninsured, or you know someone that is – a neighbor, a co-worker, a loved one — please contact Access Health CT to get covered during this Special Enrollment Period. We are here to help you enroll in an affordable, quality health insurance plan.”
Access Health CT reminds residents of the importance of maintaining their coverage throughout the year, and not just during this public health crisis. It is critical that uninsured individuals take advantage of this opportunity to protect their health, wellbeing and ensure they have access to necessary services.
Access Health CT will continue to offer free help:
- Online: AccessHealthCT.com (Live chat: AccessHealthCT.com click “Live Chat” icon)
- Phone: 1-855-805-4325, Mon. – Fri. 8 AM – 4 PM
- With Enrollment Specialists in the community
- In-person help at either of AHCT’s Navigator partner locations:
- Project Access New Haven located at 63 York Street in New Haven, Conn.
- Community Renewal Team located at 330 Market Street in Hartford, Conn.
*Note: Near the end of this period, AHCT will assess whether an additional extension is needed.