Colorado: @C4HCO reminder that those who lost COBRA subsidies can still enroll in coverage for the remainder of 2021!
via Connect for Health Colorado:
Losing Free COBRA Premiums or Job Health Insurance? You Can Still Enroll in Health Coverage for the Last Few Months of 2021
- Residents with a Qualifying Event Have Options to Get Covered
DENVER – Thousands of Coloradans will lose free COBRA premiums at the end of the month and may need other affordable coverage options. Through the American Rescue Plan Act, which passed earlier this year, many people were able to receive free COBRA premiums through September 30. Connect for Health Colorado, the state’s health insurance marketplace, is reminding residents that they can still sign up for a health insurance plan for the remainder of the year if they experience a Qualifying Life Event, such as losing free COBRA premiums this month or losing job health insurance.
“Connect for Health Colorado is the place for residents and small business owners who are navigating a coverage transition,” said Chief Executive Officer Kevin Patterson. “We’re providing more savings on health insurance than ever before, and we have certified plan experts ready to review all your health care options with you.”
Options for Staying Covered
If you’re losing free COBRA premiums at the end of this month or have another Qualifying Life Event, such as losing job health insurance, you might consider the following options for staying covered for the remainder of the year.
- Apply for free or low-cost coverage through Health First Colorado (Colorado’s Medicaid program).
- Enroll in a health insurance plan and apply for savings through Connect for Health Colorado at ConnectforHealthCO.com or by calling 855-752-6749 during your 60-day Special Enrollment Period.
- Remain on COBRA through the end of the year (paying full cost) and enroll in a new plan during the annual Open Enrollment Period, which begins November 1, for plan year 2022.
- While customers can be eligible for plans and savings through Connect for Health Colorado now, this might be a good option for customers who use their health coverage frequently, are currently receiving care in a specific provider network, are close to or have met their deductible, or have maxed out their out-of-pocket costs.
Get Savings and Enrollment Assistance
Thanks to the American Rescue Plan Act, Coloradans can find more financial help than in previous years to cover some or all the cost of their health insurance premium, but only when they shop through Connect for Health Colorado. For the first time, families of most income ranges can now qualify for savings on health insurance.
Residents can continue to get help signing up for coverage from certified Brokers and community-based Assisters. Use the Quick Cost and Plan Findertool to get an estimate of costs and to search plans based on what matters most to you.