Connecticut: @AccessHealthCT reminds residents that the Special Enrollment Period ends August 15th; #GetCovered today!
The Access Health CT American Rescue Plan Act Special Enrollment Period has saved Connecticut residents more than $4.5 million in health insurance costs since May 1
- Connecticut residents have one month left to enroll.
- More than 33,000 enrollees have received new financial help, saving approximately $4.5 million dollars in total.
- The American Rescue Plan Act (ARPA) made health insurance coverage more affordable for many Connecticut residents by virtually eliminating or vastly reducing monthly payments (premiums) for people with low and moderate incomes.
HARTFORD, Conn. (July 15, 2021) — Access Health CT (AHCT), Connecticut’s official health insurance marketplace, is reminding Connecticut residents they have one month left to enroll in health insurance coverage during the American Rescue Plan Act Special Enrollment Period ending August 15.
The American Rescue Plan Act (ARPA) has virtually eliminated, or vastly reduced monthly payments (premiums) for many people with low and moderate incomes and has saved Connecticut residents more than $4.5 million to date. This financial help is offered only through Access Health CT and benefits many, including those with somewhat higher incomes who can face high premiums.
“The American Rescue Plan Act has made health insurance coverage significantly more affordable and this Special Enrollment Period provides access to this help for many more people,” said James Michel, Chief Executive Officer at Access Health CT. “We ask that if you or someone you know is uninsured or unemployed, please enroll by August 15.”
For more information on the AHCT Special Enrollment Period and the American Rescue Plan Act, visit AccessHealthCT.com.
Access Health CT will continue to offer free help:
- Online: AccessHealthCT.com (Live chat: click “Live Chat” icon)
- Phone: 1-855-805-4325, Mon. – Fri., 8 a.m. – 5 p.m.
- If you are deaf or hearing impaired, you may use the TTY at 1-855-789-2428 or contact us with a relay operator
- Extended Call Center Hours for close of the Special Enrollment Period: Sat., August 14 and Sun., August 15 from 9 a.m. – 3 p.m.
- With Enrollment Specialists in the community
- In-person help at either of AHCT’s Navigator partner locations*:
- Project Access New Haven located at 63 York Street in New Haven, Conn.
- Community Renewal Team located at 330 Market Street in Hartford, Conn.
*NOTE: These locations will welcome customers by appointment only with strict safety protocols (mask-wearing, hand sanitizing, temperature checks, social distancing, and standard health questionnaire).