Connecticut: @AccessHealthCT enrolls 102K QHPs thru 12/18; you can still #GetCovered thru 1/15
Access Health CT, Connecticut's state-based ACA exchange, has updated their enrollment summary and now reports 102,049 residents have selected policies for 2021, including 15,310 new enrollees.
Last year they had a total of 107,833 QHP selections during Open Enrollment, which they're just 5.4% away from breaking.
In addition, as noted a few days ago, they're also extending their deadline by a full month (whcih they also did last year):
Access Health CT Extends 2021 Annual Open Enrollment Period As A Result Of Current Health Crisis
CT residents can shop and enroll in health insurance coverage until January 15, 2021
- Access Health CT extended the 2021 Annual Open Enrollment period until January 15, 2021 as a result of the current health crisis, providing more time for CT residents to get covered.
- If individuals choose a plan during the extension, the coverage will start on February 1, 2021.
- If customers are already covered by an insurance plan through Access Health CT for January 2021 and would like to pick a new plan starting in February 2021, they must first pay their January monthly bill (premium).
HARTFORD, Conn. (December 16, 2020)—Access Health CT (AHCT) today announced an extension for the 2021 Annual Open Enrollment period until January 15, 2021 as a result of the current health crisis, providing more time for CT residents to get covered.
If new customers sign up for health insurance plans through Access Health CT from now until January 15, 2021, their coverage will start February 1, 2021.
In addition, Access Health CT customers who enrolled in a plan for 2021 now have the option to keep it or find a new plan; however if they make a plan change during this extension period, the new plan will have a start date of February 1, 2021 and they must pay the January bill (premium) for the original plan.
“We understand this year has been an extremely difficult year with the COVID-19 pandemic,” said Chief Executive Officer of AHCT, James Michel. “And we also know if 2020 has taught us anything, it’s the value of our health. There is plenty to think about when choosing a health insurance plan and we want to make sure our customers are able to pick the best plan for themselves and their families. We hope this extension providing extra time allows Connecticut residents to make sure they picked a quality, health insurance plan that fits their needs and gives them the best value in 2021.”
Access Health CT will continue to offer free enrollment help to all Connecticut residents during the extension:
- Online: AccessHealthCT.com (Live chat: AccessHealthCT.com click “Live Chat” icon)
- Phone: 1-855-805-4325, Mon. – Fri. 8 AM – 6 PM, Sat. 9 AM-3 PM
- With Certified Brokers or Enrollment Specialists in your community
- At a time that works for you at a Virtual Enrollment Fair*, more information here.
- In-Person at an Enrollment Location* in Groton, Bridgeport, New Haven, New Britain, Stamford, or Hartford by appointment only. For more information click here.