Connecticut: Access Health CT enrolls 19.1K in first 16 days of Open Enrollment; up 14% y/y so far
Well, it's not much, but we have our first official 2024 ACA Open Enrollment Period enrollment report, out of Connecticut:
Via Access Health CT's News/Press Releases page:
Stats as of November 17, 2023
Qualified Health Plans (QHP):
- QHP Enrollment In 2023 Coverage: 19,145
- 2024 OE Acquisition Summary: 4,958
- Completed applications/redeterminations processed through the integrated eligibility system: 10,656
It's my understanding that "Acquisition Summary" refers to CT residents who are brand-new enrollees (never enrolled via the exchange before).
The report was posted this morning so it obviously only includes enrollment data through yesterday (Nov. 16th).
It's worth noting that last year, Access Health CT reported enrolling 17,879 people through Nov. 17th (one extra day since Nov. 1st fell on a Tuesday last year).
- 2023: 17,879 in 17 days (1,052/day)
- 2024: 19,145 in 16 days (1,197/day)
In other words, Connect's ACA exchange has enrolled 13.8% more people per day so far.
They've also enrolled 34% more brand-new enrollees per day, assuming my "Acquisition Summary" definition is correct.