Connecticut: @AccessHealthCT To Host January Enrollment Fairs w/Free, In-Person Help in Hamden & Torrington
- Connecticut residents can work one-on-one with enrollment specialists to help them shop, compare and enroll in quality health insurance
HARTFORD, Conn. (Dec. 13, 2021) — Access Health CT(AHCT) today announced it will host two enrollment fairs in January to help Connecticut residents get free, in-person help to shop, compare and enroll in quality health insurance plans. Enrollment fairs are one-day events in addition to Access Health CT’s five other enrollment locations and Navigator partner locations where Connecticut residents can find free, in-person help until Open Enrollment ends Jan. 15, 2022.
Both in-person enrollment fairs will be held from 10:00 a.m. – 1:00 p.m. at the following locations:
- Torrington: Saturday, Jan. 8 at Torrington Library, located at 12 Daycoeton Place
- Hamden: Saturday, Jan. 15 at Whitneyville Cultural Commons, located at 1253 Whitney Avenue
Locations will welcome customers by appointment, with limited walk-in availability and strict safety protocols in place (mask-wearing, hand sanitizing, temperature checks, social distancing and a standard health questionnaire). Dates and times are subject to change. Each event has online registration. Secure an appointment in advance by registering online, as walk-in appointments will be based on availability. To book an appointment, go to AccessHealthCT.com and select “Get Help,” and then choose the event and register by completing the form.
“We strive to make it as easy as possible to enroll in a quality, affordable health insurance plan,” said Chief Executive Officer of Access Health CT, James Michel. “Our enrollment specialists are on hand to offer free, expert help to Connecticut residents at all of our in-person enrollment fairs and enrollment locations.”
Access Health CT is the only place to qualify for financial help to lower health insurance costs. Some Connecticut residents may be eligible for free or low-cost coverage through HUSKY Health (Medicaid/Children’s Health Insurance Plan) and the new Covered Connecticut Program.
The 2022 annual Open Enrollment period began Nov. 1, and Connecticut residents can enroll or renew their health insurance plan until Jan. 15, 2022.
Connecticut residents can find free help and enroll in-person, online or by phone.
For free online help, residents may visit AccessHealthCT.com. Live chat is available by clicking the “live chat” icon to connect with a customer service representative in real-time. Live chat is available Monday – Friday from 8:15 a.m. to 7:45 p.m., and select Saturdays from 9:15 a.m. to 2:45 p.m.
For free in-person help, residents may work with a certified broker or enrollment specialist in their community. To find a certified broker or enrollment specialist, visit the Get Help page.
In addition, residents may visit any of Access Health CT’s enrollment locations or either of the Navigator partner locations.
- Raymond Library, located at 840 Main Street in East Hartford; Monday – Thursday, 9:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.
- Ferguson Library, located at 1 Public Library Plaza in Stamford; Monday – Thursday, 10:30 a.m. to 5:30 p.m.
- CT Institute for Communities (CIFC), located at 120 Main Street in Danbury; Monday – Thursday, 9:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m.
- Project Access New Haven, located at 63 York Street in New Haven; Monday – Friday, 8:00 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.
- Community Renewal Team, located at 330 Market Street in Hartford; Monday – Friday, 8:00 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.
Residents may also contact our call center at 1-855-805-4325, Monday – Friday from 8:00 a.m. to 8:00 p.m. and select Saturdays from 9:00 a.m. to 3:00 p.m. On Saturday, Jan. 15, the call center will be open from 9:00 a.m. to midnight. On Friday, Dec. 24 and Friday, Dec. 31, the call center will be open from 8:00 a.m. to noon. Customers who are deaf or hearing impaired may use TTY at 1-855-789-2428 or call with a relay operator.