Connecticut: @AccessHealthCT Announces In-Person Enrollment Fairs in Fairfield, Hartford & Waterbury
- Free in-person help offered to Connecticut residents at pop-up enrollment fairs and daily on-site locations
HARTFORD, Conn. (Nov. 4, 2021)—Access Health CT (AHCT) announced today that in addition to on-site locations, it will offer three in-person enrollment fairs in Fairfield, Hartford and Waterbury during November, giving Connecticut residents more time to shop, compare and enroll in quality health insurance plans.
All in-person enrollment fairs will be held from 10 a.m. – 1 p.m. at the following locations in Fairfield, Hartford and Waterbury.
- Fairfield: Saturday, Nov. 6 at Fairfield University, located at 42 Bellarmine Road
- Hartford: Saturday, Nov. 13 at Parker Memorial, located at 2621 Main Street
- Waterbury: Saturday, Nov. 20 at New Opportunities, located at 232 North Elm Street
Locations will welcome customers by appointment, with limited walk-in availability and only with strict safety protocols in place (mask-wearing, hand sanitizing, temperature checks, social distancing and standard health questionnaire). Dates and times are subject to change.
“We know signing up for health insurance can be complex and difficult to navigate, and we’re pleased to offer in-person help at enrollment fairs and on-site locations throughout the state to help Connecticut residents,” said Chief Executive Officer of Access Health CT, James Michel. “We strongly encourage those seeking health insurance to call ahead of time to secure an appointment, as walk-in appointments will only be taken if there is availability. If you or anyone you know, needs health insurance – we recommend enrolling with Access Health CT. We are here to help – and all help is free.”
The 2022 annual Open Enrollment period began November 1, and Connecticut residents can enroll or renew their health insurance plan until Jan. 15, 2022. This year, Open Enrollment is one-month longer than in previous years. Customers who would like their coverage to begin Jan. 1, 2022 will need to enroll by Dec. 15, 2021. Any enrollment after Dec. 15, 2021 will have coverage beginning Feb. 1, 2022. Current AHCT customers who want to renew coverage must report any changes to financial income and household information.
Access Health CT is the only place to qualify for financial help to lower costs, and some Connecticut residents may be eligible for free or low-cost coverage through HUSKY Health (Medicaid/Children’s Health Insurance Plan) and the new Covered Connecticut program.
Connecticut residents can find free help and enroll in-person, online or by phone.
For free online help, residents may visit AccessHealthCT.com. Live chat is available by clicking the “Live Chat” icon to connect with a Customer Service Representative in real-time.
For free in-person help, residents may work with a Certified Broker or Enrollment Specialist in their community. To find a Certified Broker or Enrollment Specialist, visit the Get Help page.
In addition, residents may visit any of Access Health CT’s Enrollment Locations or either of the Navigator partner locations.
- Raymond Library, located at 840 Main Street in East Hartford; Monday – Thursday, 9:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.
- Ferguson Library, located at 1 Public Library Plaza in Stamford; Monday – Thursday, 10:30 a.m. to 5:30 p.m.
- CT Institute for Communities (CIFC), located at 120 Main Street in Danbury; Monday – Thursday, 9 a.m. to 4 p.m.
- Project Access New Haven, located at 63 York Street in New Haven.
- Community Renewal Team, located at 330 Market Street in Hartford.
Residents may also contact our call center at 1-855-805-4325, Monday through Friday from 8 a.m. to 8 p.m. or Saturdays from 9 a.m. to 3 p.m. Customers who are deaf or hearing impaired may use TTY at 1-855-789-2428 or call with a relay operator.