Washington State: WA HealthPlan Finder explains #COVID19 health insurance options
Washington Health Benefit Exchange Reminds Individuals Impacted by COVID-19 of the Health Insurance Options available now through Washington Healthplanfinder
- Washington Health Benefit Exchange (Exchange) today is reminding uninsured individuals impacted by the Coronavirus (COVID-19) situation in Washington that the special enrollment period is extended through May 8, 2020, for coverage beginning May 1, 2020.
Washingtonians who may qualify for health and dental coverage through Washington Healthplanfinder using existing special enrollment periods include individuals who:
- Are currently uninsured;
- Have recently lost their job;
- Have lost, or will soon lose, their employer coverage;
- Have experienced a change in income;
- Purchased coverage through a health sharing ministry that has received a cease and desist order from the Washington office of Insurance Commissioner for fraudulent activity; or
- Purchased full price coverage outside the Exchange marketplace, who due to a change in income could now benefit from the federal subsidies available exclusively through Washington Healthplanfinder.
“It is important to ensure that health coverage is available to everyone who needs it during this uncertain time,” said Exchange Chief Executive Officer Pam MacEwan. “I encourage individuals who have lost their health coverage or who are having a harder time affording their coverage to contact our local teams of navigators or brokers who are ready to discuss available coverage options.”
Individuals who are currently uninsured can contact an Exchange certified Navigator, Broker or Enrollment Center to start the special enrollment process. These insurance experts are available by phone and can also answer any questions consumers may have and help them get enrolled. Consumers can find local experts using the WAPlanfinder Mobile App or visiting here.
Individuals who have recently lost their job or their employer coverage, have experienced a change in income, or experienced another qualifying event can visit WAHealthplanfinder.org or use the WAPlanfinder Mobile App to sign up online.
Existing Washington Healthplanfinder customers are encouraged to keep their information up to date to see if they qualify for increased financial help. More information for existing customers about how to update their account is available here.
All customers who need help signing up for coverage can contact the Customer Support Center between 7:30 a.m. to 5:30 p.m. Monday-Friday at 1-855-923-4633; TTY: 855-627-9604.
For more information about coverage options during the COVID-19 pandemic, please visit here.
Reminders: Enrollment is offered year-round to individuals and families through Washington Apple Health (Medicaid).