Kentucky: @kynect_ky extends deadline for January coverage to December 31st due to the tornado disaster
Enrollment Period Deadline Extension
Natural Disaster and Technical Issues
Due to the December 11th natural disaster throughout the Commonwealth and reports of technical issues during Open Enrollment, a Special Enrollment Period (SEP) for kynect health coverage is now available to impacted residents.
A Special Enrollment Period allows enrollment dates to be extended or added. Prior to this Special Enrollment Period announcement, the deadline to enroll for a Qualified Health Plan with coverage starting January 1st, 2022 was December 15th, 2021.
The Special Enrollment Period will be granted for citizens with the following circumstances:
- Any person who attests that their ability to enroll in a Qualified Health Plan was affected by severe weather in December 2021.
- Any person who attests that they encountered system errors, including long wait times with the call center, that prevented them from enrolling in a Qualified Health Plan prior to December 15th, 2021.
Taking the Special Enrollment Period
To get this Special Enrollment Period, submit or update your application at kynect.ky.gov by December 31st, 2021. Please click the link below for step-by-step instructions on how to take advantage of the Special Enrollment Period.
Things to know about the Special Enrollment Period
- These Special Enrollment reasons do not require documents for verification.
- By selecting this Special Enrollment Period, you are attesting you have been impacted by the selected event.
- Please note that these Special Enrollment Periods are for Qualified Health Plans on kynect health coverage. You can apply and enroll in Medicaid and KCHIP at any time during the year if you qualify.
Getting Help with the Special Enrollment Period
If you need more help getting a Special Enrollment period, please call 855-4kynect (855-459-6328). You may also get free help from a kynector or insurance agent. The Agent and kynector Search Tool can help you find assistance in your area.