Minnesota: 28.5K QHPs in 20 days; still enrolling 3.5x faster than last year
Minnesota continues to enroll people at a breakneck pace (fortunately, broken necks are covered by Obamacare). Things have slowed down somewhat from the first few days, but they're still signing people up at a rate 3.5x faster than they did last year's 404/day due mainly to their unique "enrollment cap" situation:
28,000 Minnesotans Enrolled in Individual Plans Through MNsure Since the Start of Open Enrollment
November 21, 2016
ST. PAUL, Minn.—Below is an update to MNsure's 2017 open enrollment period. Within the first three weeks of open enrollment, more than 28,000 Minnesotans have enrolled in health coverage.
Since the start of open enrollment, there have been:
- 28,475 enrollments in health coverage completed
- 4,608 MinnesotaCare eligibility determinations
- 13,792 Medical Assistance eligibility determinations
- 621,892 visits to MNsure.org
- 121,564 sessions or visits on the comparison shopping tool
- 11,906 page views on the Assisters page – demonstrating that Minnesotans are exploring those options
- 30,251 accounts created
- 38,719 applications completed
That's 28,475 people in 20 days, or 1,424/day.