Minnesota: @MNsure’s Broker Enrollment Centers Offer Walk-in Assistance For Health Insurance
via MNsure, Minnesota's ACA exchange:
ST. PAUL, Minn. — When Minnesota’s open enrollment period starts November 1, Minnesotans who need health insurance can find walk-in assistance from a broker at 18 locations, known as broker enrollment centers. Thanks to new partnerships between MNsure and competitively selected insurance agencies, this expert help is provided free of cost to Minnesotans.
Finding the right health insurance can feel complex and overwhelming, especially for first-time applicants. Taking advantage of free, personalized help from a health insurance expert can make the enrollment process easier and less time-consuming than trying to go it alone, whether applying for the first time, changing plans, or renewing coverage.
MNsure’s broker enrollment centers offer comprehensive support for consumers. Brokers can dig into the details of an individual or family’s unique situation, ensure they are aware of all their options, offer guidance selecting a plan, and make certain that they receive all the financial help they may qualify for. Most uninsured Minnesotans qualify for savings that lower the cost of their health insurance, either through tax credits for a private health plan through MNsure, or coverage through Medical Assistance or Minnesota Care.
This year, MNsure’s certified agency partners will provide walk-in assistance in the following 18 communities:
- Austin – ClearStep Financial
- Baxter – Strong Insurance Services, RG Insurance
- Bloomington – Alexander & Haberman Agency, LLC
- Chisholm – Jenifer Ivanca Insurance Agency
- Coon Rapids – Alexander & Haberman Agency, LLC
- Duluth – Benes Insurance, a Strong Company
- Edina – CAL Financial, Inc.
- Hibbing – Jenifer Ivanca Insurance Agency
- Mankato – Midwest Insurance Group, Inc.
- Maple Grove – American Senior Benefits
- Minnetonka – Tonka Financial Services
- Mora – Sjoberg & Holmstrom, LLC
- Nisswa – Strong Insurance Services, Nisswa Insurance
- Rochester – Rochester Senior Solutions
- Spring Valley – Rochester Senior Solutions
- Waconia – Legacy Health Insurance
- Wadena – Wadena Insurance
- Willmar – Health Insurance Services, Inc.
During the last open enrollment period, MNsure’s broker enrollment centers helped nearly 5,800 Minnesotans sign up for comprehensive coverage, representing roughly 12% of all broker enrollments in the state. Open enrollment is the annual opportunity for eligible Minnesotans to sign up for health coverage, change plans, and renew coverage. This year, open enrollment begins November 1, 2022, and will run through January 15, 2023.
A map of this year’s enrollment centers is available on the MNsure website in multiple languages, including English, Hmong, Somali and Spanish. In addition to the walk-in broker enrollment centers, there are hundreds of MNsure-certified brokers and navigators available to assist Minnesotans across the state. Minnesotans can connect with a broker or navigator in their area by searching the Assister Directory on MNsure.org.