Connecticut: @AccessHealthCT launches 2022 #ACA Open Enrollment Period #GetCovered
Connecticut residents can shop, compare and enroll in quality health insurance plans from Nov. 1, 2021 through Jan. 15, 2022
- Individuals and families that enroll between Nov. 1, 2021 and Dec. 15, 2021 will have health insurance coverage that begins on Jan. 1, 2022.
- Individuals and families that enroll between Dec. 16, 2021 and Jan. 15, 2022 will have health insurance coverage that begins on Feb. 1, 2022.
- Current Access Health CT customers can also change their plans during Open Enrollment. If changes are made on or before Dec. 15, 2021, the new plan will start on Jan. 1, 2022. If changes are made between Dec. 16, 2021 and Jan. 15, 2022, the new plan will start Feb. 1, 2022 and they must make their monthly payment (premium) in January for the old plan.
HARTFORD, Conn. (Nov. 1, 2021)—Access Health CT (AHCT) today announced the 2022 annual Open Enrollment period has begun. Connecticut residents can enroll or renew their health insurance plan from Nov. 1, 2021 to Jan. 15, 2022, with coverage starting in the 2022 plan year. Open Enrollment is one month longer than previous years, giving Connecticut residents more time to shop, compare and enroll in quality health insurance plans. Current AHCT customers who want to renew coverage must report any changes to financial income and household information.
Connecticut residents can enroll and find free help in three ways:
How to enroll and find free help online
- Visit AccessHealthCT.com
- Live chat for free help is available at AccessHealthCT.com by clicking the “Live Chat” icon
- How to enroll and find free help in person
Work with a Certified Broker or Enrollment Specialist in your community
- Find a Certified Broker or Enrollment Specialist
- At either of AHCT’s Navigator partner locations:
- Project Access New Haven, located at 63 York Street in New Haven, Conn.
- Community Renewal Team, located at 330 Market Street in Hartford, Conn.
How to enroll and find free help by phone
- Call 1-855-805-4325, Monday through Friday from 8 a.m. to 8 p.m. or Saturdays from 9 a.m. to 3 p.m.
- Customers who are deaf or hearing impaired may use TTY at 1-855-789-2428 or call a relay operator
“We have yet to emerge from the public health crisis making access to quality, affordable health insurance more important than ever,” said Chief Executive Officer of Access Health CT, James Michel. “Even if you shopped with Access Health CT in the past and did not qualify for financial help, new laws and programs are providing significant savings for the 2022 plan year, including the American Rescue Plan Act (ARPA) and the new Covered Connecticut Program. If you or anyone you know, needs health insurance come to Access Health CT. We are here to help – and all help is free.”
Access Health CT is the only place to qualify for financial help to lower costs, and some Connecticut residents may be eligible for free or low-cost coverage through HUSKY Health (Medicaid/Children’s Health Insurance Plan).
The American Rescue Plan Act (ARPA) makes health insurance coverage more affordable and accessible for many Connecticut residents by virtually eliminating or vastly reducing, monthly payments (premiums). This financial help is offered only through Access Health CT and benefits many, including those with somewhat higher incomes who can face high premiums.
Eligible customers can also enroll in the new Covered Connecticut Program during Open Enrollment. Through this program, some parents, caretaker relatives and their tax dependents in the state of Connecticut are paying $0 for their health insurance through Access Health CT. For more information, including eligibility requirements and on how to enroll, please visit the AHCT blog.