Who wants to watch me drone on about healthcare for 90 minutes? YOU DO!
I haven't posted anything new over the past few days, partly due to the holiday weekend, partly because I've been preparing for an event tomorrow night.
As I mentioned recently, I've been travelling around Southeast Michigan giving Powerpoint presentations to various local groups, giving a rough overview of:
- The U.S. healthcare coverage situation prior to the ACA being passed (circa 2009)
- How the ACA works (in theory)
- What parts of the ACA are and aren't working in practice
- My list of suggestions to improve/strengthen/expand the ACA, and finally...
- Why the Republican plan (AHCA/Trumpcare) would be such an utter disaster
Well, tomorrow evening, my little show will be getting a slightly higher-profile stage. Since MI-11 Congressman Dave "Foreclosure King" Trott can't be bothered to face his constituents, I'll be filling in (click below for details and to RSVP):
I've been told that it's supposed to be livestreamed via Facebook, but the details on that are a bit fuzzy at the moment. I'll post a link to that if/when I'm sure it's been arranged.