Rhode Island: Final OE3 Tally: 34.7K QHPs
PROVIDENCE – HealthSource RI (HSRI) has released certain enrollment, demographic and volume data through Saturday, January 31, 2016 for Open Enrollment.
INDIVIDUAL AND FAMILY ENROLLMENT • As of January 31, 2016:
- 34,670 individuals are enrolled in 2016 coverage through HSRI, paid and unpaid.
- The majority of these individuals are 2015 HSRI enrollees that were auto-renewed into a 2016 plan.
- 7,538 of the 34,670 individuals have selected a plan for 2016 coverage and are new to HSRI this year or returning after being enrolled with HSRI at some point during a prior year.
32,286* of the 34,670 individuals are enrolled in 2016 coverage through HSRI, and have paid their first month’s premium.
*The number of paid enrollments is expected to increase as individuals pay for March coverage through the February 23 payment deadline.
In the end, after "pre-purging" around 5,500 unpaid enrollees, Rhode Island still managed to hit over 96% of my 36K target (if those 5,500 hadn't been pulled from the total, RI would've been about 11% ahead).
SHOP ENROLLMENT • As of January 31, 2016:
- Small employer accounts created: 2,230
- Small employer applications completed: 796
- Small employer enrollment (paid): 564
- These employers represent 4,111 covered lives
85% of small employers are enrolled in the Full Choice Model.
93% SHOP renewal rate (2016 to date).