Vermont: Nearly 26K QHPs to date, 84% renewals
Vermont Health Connect Open Enrollment and Renewal Update
The following numbers are up-to-date as of 11:59pm Thursday, December 11, 2014.
Renewals: 21,788 individuals have been checked out into 2015 health plans.
New to Vermont Health Connect: 4,079 individuals have been checked out into 2015 health plans.
OK, so that's 25,867 total so far...of which 84% are renewals vs. 16% new enrollments.
I also can't resist including this rather, um, creative graphic representation of the numbers that the Vermont exchange has come up with:
Tracking Progress of New Applications
The following graph shows where new applicants are in the process between submitting their application and being covered by a qualified health plan. Please note that applicants who qualify for Medicaid are not included. The numbers are up-to-date as of Wednesday, December 10, 2014.
What do these numbers mean?
- New Applicants – Applicants who did not have coverage through Vermont Health Connect through end-of-year 2014.
- Eligibility Determination Executed –Individuals in applications for coverage who have completed an application either online, by phone, or on paper and have been processed into our system.
- Plan Selected – Individuals who have a health plan(s) in their “shopping cart” but have yet to confirm the plan selection. The plan selection will not be sent to the insurance carrier until they confirm.
- Plan Checked Out – Individuals who have confirmed the health plan(s) in their “shopping cart.” The plan selection will be sent to the insurance carrier.
- Partial Payment – Individuals whose accounts have received a partial payment, but not a full initial premium payment. This payment could have been made by the customer or it could be Vermont Premium Assistance.
- Initial Premium Paid – Individuals whose first month’s premium has been paid in full.
- 834 Sent – Individuals whose customer information and confirmed plan selection has been transmitted to the insurance carrier.
- Effectuated Enrollment – Individuals whose health insurance coverage has been confirmed by the insurance carrier.