Rhode Island: 28.4K QHPs thru 12/17
2018 MIDTERM ELECTION
Time: D H M S
Last week, the Rhode Island exchange reported 27,555 QHP enrollees as of 12/10, a tiny increase over the prior week mainly due to auto-renewed enrollees dropping out, cancelling out most of the increase.
Rhode Island is one of 3 states which are still taking enrollments for January, but they've released another report (thorugh 12/17) which brings the tally up to
INDIVIDUAL AND FAMILY ENROLLMENT As of December 17, 2016
- 28,404 individuals are enrolled in 2017 coverage through HSRI, paid and unpaid.
- The majority of these individuals are 2016 HSRI enrollees that were auto-renewed into a 2017 plan.
- 2,099 of the 28,404 individuals have selected a plan for 2017 coverage, and are new to HSRI this year or returning after being enrolled with HSRI at some point prior.
- 6,313 of the 28,404 individuals are enrolled in 2017 coverage through HSRI, and have paid their first month’s premium.
Interesting: They've added an additional 807 new enrollees in the past week, but the overall number went up by 849...which means that 42 current enrollees were auto-renewed, then bailed, but then came back and actively re-enrolled anyway. Huh.
This brings RI up to 71% of my personal target for them (40K).
SHOP ENROLLMENT As of December 17, 2016
- Small employer accounts created: 2,475
- Small employer applications completed: 1,001
- Small employer enrollment (paid): 594
- These employers represent 4,722 covered lives
- 91% of small employers are enrolled in the Full Choice Model.