Chalk up another 4,300 Off-Exchange QHPs in Iowa & Nebraska
2018 MIDTERM ELECTION
Time: D H M S
Back in January, I found my first solid data on off-exchange enrollments via a Co-Op operating in Iowa and Nebraska called CoOportunity. They helpfully provided their data through January 24, which totalled 10,166 off-exchange enrollments in Iowa and antoher 17,779 in Nebraska.
Last week, they provided an update to these figures. When you add off-exchange individual/family policies to small & large group policies (which are "off-exchange" by definition, since the HC.gov SHOP system isn't operational yet...you get redirected to the individual companies/co-ops), Iowa is up to 12,293 and Nebraska is up to 19,959, as of February 24.
- Individual/Family members: 12,633 (6,000 on exchange/6,633 off exchange)
- Small group members: 5,511*
- Large group members: 149*
- Individual/Family members: 20,836 (11,926 on exchange/8,910 off exchange)
- Small group members: 8,847*
- Large group members: 2,202*
*(Sm/Lg Group enrollments are "off-exchange" by definition since they can't be purchased via the HC.gov exchange, which serves both Iowa and Nebraska)