Rhode Island: 32K QHPs thru 12/12 (includes autorenewals)
2018 MIDTERM ELECTION
Time: D H M S
As I note every week, between Rhode Island's tiny population, tinier ACA exchange numbers and especially their decision to "front-load" autorenewals of all current enrollees ahead of the 12/23 deadline for January coverage, their official QHP selection tally is only going up a few hundred per week. Week Six is no diffferent:
INDIVIDUAL AND FAMILY ENROLLMENT As of December 12, 2015:
- 31,981 individuals are enrolled in 2016 coverage through HSRI, paid and unpaid.
- Nearly all of these individuals are current HSRI enrollees that have been autorenewed into a 2016 plan.
- 2,189 individuals have selected a plan for 2016 coverage, and are new to HSRI this year or returning after being enrolled with HSRI at some point during a prior year.
Last week's number was 31,500, so this is a net gain of 481 for the week. However, the new enrollee total is actually 597 higher than last week, which means that 116 more of those who were auto-renewed decided to opt out instead, which is fine.
I've set an #OE3 QHP selection target of 36,000 for Rhode Island, so they'll have to add another 4,019 over the next 7 weeks to hit it, or an average of 574 per week.
- As of December 12, 2015:Small employer accounts created: 2,194
- Small employer applications completed: 758Small employer enrollment (paid): 568
- These employers represent 3,912 covered lives; 82% of small employers are enrolled in the Full Choice Model.