Rhode Island: 31,238 QHPs (87% of my OE3 target)
As I note every week, between Rhode Island's tiny population, tinier ACA exchange numbers and especially their decision to "front-load" autorenewals of all current enrollees ahead of the 12/23 deadline for January coverage, their official QHP selection tally is only going up a few hundred per week. Week Four is no diffferent:
PROVIDENCE – HealthSource RI (HSRI) has released certain enrollment, demographic and volume data through Saturday, November 28, 2015, for Open Enrollment.
INDIVIDUAL AND FAMILY ENROLLMENT As of November 28, 2015:
- 31,238 individuals are enrolled in 2016 coverage through HSRI, paid and unpaid.
- Nearly all of these individuals are current HSRI enrollees that have been autorenewed into a 2016 plan.
1,163 individuals have selected a plan for 2016 coverage, and are new to HSRI this year or returning after being enrolled with HSRI at some point during a prior year.
Last week's number was 31,012, so this is a net gain of 226 for the week. However, they had 243 new people sign up over the week, which means that 17 more of those who were auto-renewed decided to opt out instead.
I've set an #OE3 QHP selection target of 36,000 for Rhode Island, so they'll have to add another 4,762 over the next 9 weeks to hit it, or an average of 530 per week.
SHOP ENROLLMENT As of November 28, 2015:
- Small employer accounts created: 2,172
- Small employer applications completed: 749
- Small employer enrollment (paid): 566
- These employers represent 3,926 covered lives
82% of small employers are enrolled in the Full Choice Model.
90% SHOP renewal rate (2015 to date).