UPDATE: Good thing Obamacare covers ulcer treatment.
...because apparently King v. Burwell will be causing them for at least another 4 days.
No decision announced by the Supreme Court today. That leaves Monday the 22nd or Monday the 29th, unless they squeeze in another opinion day in between.
Mild touch of irony: As I noted the other day, the main reason I'm not in a position to post detailed entries this morning is because I'm at the hospital waiting for my son to undergo an MRI.
If the Supreme Court does side with the Republican Party/CATO Institute and kills federal exchange tax credits, we'd be among those who'd lose them.
Now, to be fair, it's a relatively small amount for us, so losing the credits wouldn't destroy us financially. In addition, thankfully, in my son's case, it's not a serious issue.
Even so, we would be among those who'd likely see a massive rate hike (on the order of 50% or more here in Michigan)...meaning that it's conceivable that we wouldn't be able to afford the procedure, say, 7 months from now.
Now, take our situation, increase the seriousness of the medical problem while lowering the household income level somewhat, and the situation becomes far more dire.
Now multiply that by millions of people, and that's what we're talking about.